Offering a variety of health insurance coverage, all plans on the Marketplace Exchange will contain qualifying essential benefits and range in coverage from 60/40 to 90/10. For example, the 90/10 plan would have the least out-of-pocket expenses, but cost you the most in premium.
Following are new guidelines under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- You can now add your dependent children up to age 26 on your policy.
- It is illegal to be turned down or quoted different rates than anyone else because of a pre-existing condition.
- Gender is no longer a factor.
- Renewal rates are same as new business rates.
- Waiting period can’t exceed 90 days.